Teenage School Girl Accidentally Electrocuted to Death


A tragic accident claimed the life of a 17-year-old student from Mahamaya Balika Vidyalaya yesterday. The girl was electrocuted while attempting to plug in an electric sewing machine at her home.

The incident occurred while the girl was alone, as her grandmother was resting in another room. She attempted to use a faulty sewing machine by modifying the plug and inserting the wires directly into a wall socket. Unfortunately, this led to her electrocution.

Neighbors, alerted by her screams, rushed her to the Piliyandala District Hospital, but she was pronounced dead on arrival.

The Piliyandala Police revealed that the girl had recently lost her father, who died while working in Malaysia, and her mother had recently left for employment in Saudi Arabia.

Authorities are investigating the incident further.